Vampire T.11, F-80C. First completions of 2024

• NickH
  • NickH's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • User

Vampire T.11, F-80C. First completions of 2024

2 months 2 weeks ago
Finished a few to kick off 2024. First up was the most recent revival of the classic Airfix F-80C. I spent some time filling and sanding to get the volumes nice, which then necessitated a rescribing of some details. The next challenge was trying out Vallejo Metal Colours, which I’m not completely sold on. Finally, I had a go at masking and painting the nose flash, as Airfix supply a standalone dragon that works with that approach.

Next up was the Airfix Vampire T.11. This was from the starter set, which meant a very limited decal sheet for the 14 Sqn. scheme. I added stencils from a standard T.11 boxing for a CFS scheme. Maybe not totally correct but more interesting. The paint finish was Tamiya acrylics, mainly flat aluminium representing high speed silver, tinted with white for variation. Oil weathering.

To keep the theme alive, I’m thinking a Tunnan might be next, possibly a MiG-15.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlisterC
  • Admin
  • Admin

Re: Vampire T.11, F-80C. First completions of 2024

2 months 2 weeks ago
Awesome builds, especially for tiny scale, they look really good. isn't it great when kits come with the example you said of "dragon decal on it's own". That's smart, and how it should aways be I reckon! I've built that little Vampire as well, it's a good little kit, goes together well. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: NickH

• Fritz
  • User
  • User

Re: Vampire T.11, F-80C. First completions of 2024

2 months 2 weeks ago
Nice work Nick!
www.flickr.com/photos/65989117@N03/

Instagram:
modelsmikes
The following user(s) said Thank You: NickH

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds