Please update your Flash Player to view content.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1/48 Hasegawa SBD-4 DAUNTLESS - 23 Sqn RNZAF NZ5039

1/48 Hasegawa SBD-4 DAUNTLESS - 23 Sqn RNZAF NZ5039 2 years 7 months ago #1

• Wally
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Wally
  • Thank you received: 154
I appear to have messed up by going back to Irving and selecting New Topic? It was supposed to be a whole new topic. Sorry bout that chief.
This is Hasegawa's 1/48 SBD-4 Dauntless, largely neglected and somewhat derided because of the superb Accurate Miniatures kitset(s) but I found it better-than-adequate, enjoyed building it (aside from drilling out 256 holes in the dive brakes) and especially enjoyed harshly fading & weathering it as NZ5039 in USN Blue-Gray over Lt Gray (though opinion exists they were all delivered in early USN 3 tone scheme. If so it must have been awfully faded!). I put Yellow-Green practice bombs on her. The sectional canopy fit in open position was the biggest challenge. She's my touchstone for weathering. I've yet to do as good again though I hope to on PBY-5 Catalina currently en-route from the USA. If anyone has interchanged Ventura roundels & bars for AeroMaster on RNZAF PBY-5 please let me know which ones to get? I figure 1/32 Dauntless, Corsair or Avenger or some combo might work. I don't know how to fade decals & A/Ms are too dark. Cheers, Wally.
Loving this site; taking photos, posting them and looking at other people's builds.
Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My preference - WW2 RNZAF & Pacific Theatre, Allied & Axis, ETO, Mediterranean, AFV & figures
I enjoy doing research
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 1/48 Hasegawa SBD-4 DAUNTLESS - 23 Sqn RNZAF NZ5039 2 years 7 months ago #2

• Andrew
  • Kiwimodeller GB Admin
  • Thank you received: 175
Wally wrote:
Loving this site; taking photos, posting them and looking at other people's builds.

B)

That's what it's all about Wally :woohoo:

Glad you're enjoying posting, and I enjoy looking at your builds. Do you intend to ever build some RNZAF 1/32 aircraft?
It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.