This group build is to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain. It will run from 10th of July to 31st of October, 2015, following the dates of the battle.

The build is open to any scale and any subject that played a role in the Battle of Britain. While the Battle of Britain is foremost remembered as an air battle, builds including figures (e.g. famous historical figures from the battle), vehicles and armour (e.g. AA guns) and dioramas (e.g. airfield dioramas) are eligible provided a documented link can be established.

The model must be built entirely within the build dates to qualify, and the build should be accompanied by a thread in the group build forum documenting regular progress. Post your sprues at the beginning of the thread! By the end of the group build (and no later than 24 hours after the completion date) participants should post five pictures of the completed build in the group build forum which will be organised shortly.

To discourage cynical entries the build is open only to those who have been members of KiwiModeller for two months at the start of the group build and with at least thirty posts in the forums. So lurkers, get posting now if you want to enter! I will also vet for cynical or “gaming” entries and vote rigging.

No entry fee will be charged, but this is a good opportunity to make a donation to the upkeep of KiwiModeller.

The winner of the group build will be decided by popular vote. Voting will run for the week following the 1st of November, ending Midday the 8th of November. A deadlock will be decided by a separate run-off vote.

Trumpeter 1/32 Bf109-E3

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • CyNaKyL
  • CyNaKyL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
5 years 5 days ago #1 by CyNaKyL
Trumpeter 1/32 Bf109-E3 was created by CyNaKyL
Finally made a start on my Emil last night, however I got about an hour and a half into it before I realised I'd forgotten to take a before pic of the kit contents... Doh!
Will be adding Master Model barrels (which I nearly ordered again before checking the box and seeing I already had some) and RB beige Luftwaffe seatbelts.

Regardless, here is where I am up to after a couple of hours work.

Got the cockpit sides in place, most of the cockpit floor done, and also assembled most of the engine. I won't be painting it or adding every single little bit to it as the cowlings will be closed on this build anyway so it won't be seen. Just got to fold some kit PE and add a few other bits to the cockpit and then it will be ready for some colour, RLM02 of course!

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 days ago #2 by Xtr3meNZer
Replied by Xtr3meNZer on topic Trumpeter 1/32 Bf109-E3
Nice! This BoB build is getting underway nicely now... though only the baddies ;)

Looks nice and big!

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
5 years 5 days ago #3 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic Trumpeter 1/32 Bf109-E3
It's not a bad size. The 109 was a pretty small aircraft to begin with. I do have a 1/24 G10 which is big, but still small compared to the 1/24 Dora.
I think the Emil comes in at about 290mm long when built from memory...

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

More
5 years 5 days ago #4 by Grant
Replied by Grant on topic Trumpeter 1/32 Bf109-E3
Good stuff. :cheer:

Xtr3meNZer wrote: This BoB build is getting underway nicely now... though only the baddies ;)

I suspect that's how the battle itself started. :lol: I'm sure there will be some Spitfires and Hurricanes appearing soon. B)

• Von Drinkoften
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 5 days ago #5 by Von Drinkoften
Replied by Von Drinkoften on topic Trumpeter 1/32 Bf109-E3
Cool bananas... another sexy Emil! B)
Will you be doing a scheme as per the box art or choosing something else?

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
5 years 5 days ago #6 by CyNaKyL
The kit itself has 3 schemes to choose from,
Bf 109E-3, Yellow 1, 6./JG 51, Autumn 1940, as flown by Joseph Priller
Bf 109E-3, White 13, 1./JG 51, Sept 1940, as flown by Heinz Baer
Bf-109E-3, J-371, Swiss Fliegerkompanie, early 1940

The boxtop is Joseph Priller's bird. Heinz Baer's one has the underside blue going all the way up the sides of the fuselage with no mottling at all. The swiss one has heaps of red and white striped decals but as it wasn't in the BOB I will most likely do Heinz Baer's one as I have never done any mottling before but we will see when I get to that point, I may want to give it a go and do Priller's one...

More
5 years 5 days ago #7 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Trumpeter 1/32 Bf109-E3
Good to see you ordered the barrels and belts locally............ :pinch:

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
5 years 5 days ago #8 by Nosferatu
Replied by Nosferatu on topic Trumpeter 1/32 Bf109-E3

Gary wrote: Good to see you ordered the barrels and belts locally............ :pinch:

Speaking of belts..did ya find some for me? :huh:

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

More
5 years 5 days ago #9 by PJNZ
Replied by PJNZ on topic Trumpeter 1/32 Bf109-E3
Nice one CyNaKyL,it's interesting to see this Trumpeter coming together alongside the Eduard.
As a self titled serial kit stater I wonder if the group build dynamics will be a help or hinderance in completing this one?! :)

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
5 years 5 days ago #10 by CyNaKyL

Gary wrote: Good to see you ordered the barrels and belts locally............ :pinch:

I did ask you about the belts but you didn't have any in stock, hence why I got them from BNA. The barrels were from when I got a bunch of stuff from Hobbyeasy ages ago, back when I had money... :whistle: I think last time I checked you didn't have any of those either. But I did check with you first for both before getting them from elsewhere... B)
For belts and barrels (and barracudecal stuff) you are always my first port of call G1

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
5 years 5 days ago #11 by CyNaKyL

PJNZ wrote: Nice one CyNaKyL,it's interesting to see this Trumpeter coming together alongside the Eduard.
As a self titled serial kit stater I wonder if the group build dynamics will be a help or hinderance in completing this one?! :)

Sadly it doesn't tend to help me much. Even during other GB's I have still been tempted (or actually have) started or worked on other kits instead of the one for the GB. We will see how I go. I still need to hurry up and get my Adversary Skyhawk finished before the extended deadline but sadly it doesn't look like I'll make it for that either...

More
5 years 4 days ago #12 by Bishop
Replied by Bishop on topic Trumpeter 1/32 Bf109-E3
I really want the 1:24 G10. There was one in the store and I missed it. I've not seen one since. This is starting to come together nicely.

Amateur plastic surgeon!

More
5 years 3 days ago #13 by PJNZ
Replied by PJNZ on topic Trumpeter 1/32 Bf109-E3

CyNaKyL wrote:

PJNZ wrote: Nice one CyNaKyL,it's interesting to see this Trumpeter coming together alongside the Eduard.

Sadly it doesn't tend to help me much. Even during other GB's I have still been tempted (or actually have) started or worked on other kits instead of the one for the GB. We will see how I go. I still need to hurry up and get my Adversary Skyhawk finished before the extended deadline but sadly it doesn't look like I'll make it for that either...

Haha good on ya mate I can realte to wanting always start something fresh! Seeing as we both doing 1/32 E3s how about we try to help each other get over the finish line on this GB?? :P

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
5 years 3 days ago #14 by CyNaKyL
Sounds like a plan PJ... :woohoo:

The following user(s) said Thank You: PJNZ

Moderators: Andrew