First one on the bench for about 8 months. Going to keep it pretty simple as I want to try get it done for Taupo hobby expo in two weeks time. Going to build it as a later model with the rectangular headlights instead of the four round lights
First thing to do was choose some wheels. Then lower it to a nice ride height.
The aim with this to finish it in a way that it looks like young guy has got ahold of a nice tidy car and started doing it up. So the odd paired rims are a result of trolling trade me or something similar and not finding a complete set of four and making do. The wider rear wheels would mean the rear guard lips would need to be rolled so will have them in primer and a repaired rear guard in primer. Will leave the rear bumper off as well like its mid repair and still in daily use.
So time to remove molding from the rear guard and add panel lines.
Over the week i managed to sort all the detail that would normally be covered by the bumper, got some colour on and mask and prime the repair areas. Also covered the back of the seats and paneled the floor areas
Not a highly detailed kit, its from a time when it was more important to be motorised than detailed but still the only kit of this car and it looks the part in the end. I didn't realise there were decals for the boot badges so when i build my other one i'll remove the molded ones as the decals are a bit smaller and look weird when put over top of the molded ones. had to sand the head and tail lights down to get them to fit and the right hand tail light doesn't go around the corner as its meant to. Not sure if molding issue or what will get the other kit out and check that one. Haven't decided what number plates to put on it yet but anyway not the best photos but here it is.