Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks

TOPIC: Tiger colours

Tiger colours 1 year 1 month ago #1

• olive drab
  • olive drab's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 213
This clip from the Tank Museum makes interesting watching in terms of the colours for Tigers. The later Henschel Jagdtigers were painted differently than the Porsche one refered to here as the Porsche here has its story told as the one captured by the British at the proving grounds.

That particular Jagdtiger features at 11.00 in this clip alongside the Porsche Tiger 2 at the same location;

But if your interested in the Jagdtiger this clip as a considerable number of rarely seen pictures of what happened to individual vehicles along with the more commonly seen pictures, interestly most were destroyed by their own crews.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by olive drab.

Tiger colours 1 year 1 month ago #2

• rwkennard
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Thanks for posting. Great couple of videos.
Cheers,
Richard.

Tiger colours 1 year 1 month ago #3

• Bishop
  • Thank you received: 1703
The Porsche suspension one is really interesting as it’s the one seen with the two very early V series Tiger iis you mention and also the enormous prototype demountable gun housed in the elongated Tiger ii components hull. Trumpeter made a kit of it that I think Tony, made here years ago now. I vaguely remember that the Porsche suspension was so terrible that they couple that were made was “it”. The production suspension carried the day and the Porsche suspension stayed with the Elephants. It just didn’t work with the JagdTiger. Not sure if that’s true or not or why.

Amateur plastic surgeon!
  • Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary