Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks

TOPIC: 1-15th scale verlinden tiger

1-15th scale verlinden tiger 3 years 2 weeks ago #1

• mangusta
  • mangusta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
First time on this site,id like to post a few work in progress pics of my verlinden tiger,steel wheeler..here goes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1-15th scale verlinden tiger 3 years 2 weeks ago #2

• mangusta
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
pops heres a hi-res of the mg-34
Attachments:

1-15th scale verlinden tiger 3 years 2 weeks ago #3

• Bishop
  • Thank you received: 1703
I made this one up and it is now in a million pieces. Many of them are on two late 1:16 Heng Long Tigers I I've finished and am working on. It was a good kit this one, but I didn't know how to put it together properly. Eventually my attempts to repair things ruined it. The work you've done so far, however, is anything but ruining it. LOOKING GOOD!

Amateur plastic surgeon!

1-15th scale verlinden tiger 3 years 2 weeks ago #4

• mangusta
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the kind words Bishop.The tank has had a few things re-built using litho plate etc..the storage box hasn't be given its rivets yet,and the bent guards etc are still being scratch built..the idea is to finish parts,pant and then add,giving the tank a look of in-service battle replacement.its not in the final camou yet…lots of work to do to the hull etc.The mg-34 is a Jeff Shiu model,with eduard ring sight and the ammo and belt on both guns are by dmc..these are individual 8mm mauser rounds in individual stripper clips..the mg-42 is a verlinden gun…will be mounted where its sits as a back-door surprise.Tracks,swing arms guns are all mr-color dark iron ,etc..its a buffing paint and it matches the mg-34 perfectly.This kit was buit years ago (only turret) but the final flat went frosted..so i left it,till last year when i spotted it behind junk,so i was off to the rifle range to blast it with my 338 arctic warfare!….anyway i saw the movie fury(i now need to get a sol easy eight…very good kit),which got me interested thus i stripped and totally re-built it…have to say this kit is a test first kit,but its FUN.The rolled armour detail is very good..the kits mg-34 was to small,and the tracks are a nightmare to clean up..BUT look great when done. heres a link to jeffs site…also theres some one selling the verlinden tiger-plus zimm,on trade me now…cheers jeffshiu.lsft.com/product40.html

1-15th scale verlinden tiger 3 years 2 weeks ago #5

• Gary
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 940
Very nice work Mark it's looking good so far.
Yeah but is it really worth $500?
Plus the stuff the seller has put on Trademe is shop prices and even then on the high side, not what I'd call Trademe prices.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

1-15th scale verlinden tiger 3 years 2 weeks ago #6

• mangusta
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
yeah too much,but verlinden has now shut down….the detail on the exterior of this is more realistic then the trumpeter tiger2….it looks and feels like the real thing and not a cad design from drawings….maybe an offer,on it circa 350?….

• Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary