Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:
Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks

TOPIC: T-80 colour schemes in the 90s (Chechen war)?

T-80 colour schemes in the 90s (Chechen war)? 3 years 2 months ago #1

• Phil5000
  • Phil5000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi guys. I wonder if any Russian armour nuts might be able to help me. I'm planning a couple of projects with T-80s, a BV and a U. There are some really nice figures available from the Chechen war period so I will set my scenes there. They don't have to be in Chechnya, they could be in Russia or somewhere. I would just like to make sure they are accurate to the period.

I would also like to make sure the paint job is accurate for the period the figures are from. I really like the three tone scheme of sand, green and black because if I did them all green they would look too similar to all my other models. But I don't know if that scheme is historically accurate. I've googled of course and there are T-80s in that colour scheme but there's no way of knowing the period or even if they are in Russian service (apparently Cyprus paints there's like that).

So would someone be able to tell me what my options are for the T-80BV and T-80U in Russian service in the 1990s? And also if these figures are appropriate for either thank.

Thanks guys.
www.bnamodelworld.com/model-figures-evol...-tank-crew-3-figures
www.bnamodelworld.com/military-vehicles-...ls-tank-tank-t-35066

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Phil5000. Reason: Stuffed up links.
  • Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary