So after seeing Jimmy's gorgeous A-4k build, I've decided to do another A-4, but this time a TA-4K.
The kit is Hasegawas TA-4F, using Ronin decals.
I will be doing this as a pre kahu bird, maybe NZ6251 or NZ6252? If anyone has info on pre kahu Ta-4ks, please let me know, my ears are open.
So far cockpit is done. And has been glued in. I had a few issues with the intakes, which I've just managed to sort out, by thinning the walls on the part with the fan face.
Hopefully this build will be a bit quicker than my usual,
Thanks Grover and Craig. I've been wanting to do a Euro I scheme for a long time now, I was just glad that Ronin decals re-released his set. I just wished I had grabbed his 32nd set as well.
I have assembled the fuselage now, just working on the seams. Once they are done, I'll get the wings on and sort them out to.
Also, would anyone be able to confirm for me the following: I am assuming our A-4's used the part A6 from the sprues?
Did they also use the flare dispensers just behind the wings and were the cannons installed on our TA-4K's?
Working on the intakes tonight and decided to use an old Tamiya sponge to put in the intakes as masking. Has actually worked better than I thought.
Few seams to fill and clean, and then hopefully I'll be able to apply some paint in the next week or two.
I'd been studying your build, I was going to do the same and cut the engine face in half, but I was to worried I'd ruin mine by cutting it wonky
I ended up sanding that lip that connects the fan face to the intakes. I've got a very slight step, but It was enough for me not to worry about.
I'm still working on this, but just very slowly. I've done a black base colour, and currently tidying up a few areas.
Decals pretty much done, just one more to apply. Ended up using a mixture of the Ronin decals and the hasegawa decals I had in one of my other kits. Ronin decals are nice and go down well, but I did find the fine text to be rather chunky, also the blue in the kiwi roundals looked blotchy.
I have applied a wash and have started the Matt coat, picture below was taken a few days ago.
Hopefully I will have this done by the end of the week. I am tempted to start another Scooter after this.