Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks

TOPIC: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes

Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #1

• Dean
  • Dean's Avatar Topic Author
  • I must do less research, I must do less research
  • Thank you received: 44
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My wife calls me a curmudgeon. I haven't looked it up but I assume it means "fun loving and free spirited" or some such twaddle. I inform and perform over at www.militarymodels.co.nz and stick my oar in here as well. My passion is WWII 1/35 armour but I'm coming around to liking the odd 1/32 thing...

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #2

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 929
Want to be my newest bestest friend? :D :D :D

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #3

• Dean
I'll bring a few along tonight, any particular ones that anyone wants to take a quick shufftie at ?

My wife calls me a curmudgeon. I haven't looked it up but I assume it means "fun loving and free spirited" or some such twaddle. I inform and perform over at www.militarymodels.co.nz and stick my oar in here as well. My passion is WWII 1/35 armour but I'm coming around to liking the odd 1/32 thing...

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #4

• James H
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • 'Old enough to know better'
  • Thank you received: 1
DANG DANG DANG DANG!!

You gotta love a Dragon box!

That Bf 110D/E is a great kit. I have that one. If anyone has the info, I want to model the Bf 110D as Rudolf Hess' machine.

Currently working on:
Zoukei-mura Ta 152H-1, super 'tarted up'
Junkers Ju 88/Fw 190F-8 Mistel 2 AIMS conversion

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #5

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I had my grubby hands on that very kit last night, I even watched (drooling) as Dean tore off the cellophane....

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #6

• Maarten
  • Thank you received: 723

James H wrote: DANG DANG DANG DANG!!

You gotta love a Dragon box!

That Bf 110D/E is a great kit. I have that one. If anyone has the info, I want to model the Bf 110D as Rudolf Hess' machine.

Attachments:

'' I could sense things were about to kick off, so I got out of there !''

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #7

• Maarten
  • Thank you received: 723
I have build the Dragon's Messerschmitt Bf 110 C version(and a unbuild one still in the box) the detail on it is real nice, the only thing that i did not like ....that all hinged control surfaces where fixed .
at hefty price off 124 euro could made them separate ,but if they make a BF110 G i would buy one.

'' I could sense things were about to kick off, so I got out of there !''

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #8

• Moeggo
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 72
indeed that 32 Bf110 is nice... I have a Big Ed set somewhere for one... If anyone is interested it can go to a good home for a small amount $$$... well not $$$ more like $$!

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #9

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
That offer almost makes it worth buying one, I was looking at Deans one last night and it's very nice, I was salivating over it.

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #10

• Dean

Moeggo wrote: indeed that 32 Bf110 is nice... I have a Big Ed set somewhere for one... If anyone is interested it can go to a good home for a small amount $$$... well not $$$ more like $$!

Waht does the Big-Ed set cover and what are you after for it ? I bought the DML 110 mainly so I could build my first plane OOB so I should really steer clear of PE but I'm a sucker for AM upgrades.

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #11

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
  • Thank you received: 591

Dean wrote: build my first plane OOB so I should really steer clear of PE but I'm a sucker for AM upgrades.

:lol: AMS at it's best :lol:

I'm as bad, haven't finished a plane in years, have brought a few recently, and am already looking to see what AM I can get for them :lol:

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #12

• Bishop
  • Thank you received: 1687
One of our hobby shops has both this 2 in 1 110 and the DML 110 with the great bulge underneath (you can tell I'm an expert) I'd love one of these 2 in 1. AU $135, but worth it. And I see the Opel Blitz has arrived.

Amateur plastic surgeon!
Last Edit: by Bishop.

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #13

• Dean

Bishop wrote: One of our hobby shops has both this 2 in 1 110 and the DML 110 with the great bulge underneath (you can tell I'm an expert) I'd love one of these 2 in 1. AU $135, but worth it. And I see the Opel Blitz has arrived.

$135AUD is a good price compared to here, the only one I've seen in a shop here was $279NZD, this cost me around $150ish NZD delivered.

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #14

• Dean

Andrew wrote:

Dean wrote: build my first plane OOB so I should really steer clear of PE but I'm a sucker for AM upgrades.

:lol: AMS at it's best :lol:

I'm as bad, haven't finished a plane in years, have brought a few recently, and am already looking to see what AM I can get for them :lol:

When you did that photo of your AM I didn't want to put up my own, I alwys though you were way worse than me but I now have three boxes full ( and the worse part is some of it is for kits I don't actually have yet ).

Last Edit: by Dean.

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #15

• charlieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
bishop how much are they asking for the blitz? is it the cyber-hobby one?? that i am making!!

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #16

• Dean

charlieboy wrote: bishop how much are they asking for the blitz? is it the cyber-hobby one?? that i am making!!

If you mean my one it was $55NZD landed

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #17

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Which Blitz you got Dean?

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #18

• Bishop
  • Thank you received: 1687
Dean you're right about the price. I wish I wish, but I'm done for this year.... unless I win lots of money or something :lol:

Amateur plastic surgeon!

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #19

• Dean

Gary wrote: Which Blitz you got Dean?

All of them, two Italeri, four Tamiya, one Cyber-Hobby. I'm going to do a side-by-side review of them sometime soon.

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #20

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Everyone dislikes the Italeri one, I can't comment on the historical accuracy (I like that expression, it's my cop out) but it went together well. I'd like to try the Cyber Hobby one to compair it myself one day, maybe I'll stick something else in the back of it this time and have the sides down. The Italeri one was really to practice the wood effect, I wish I'd built it with the sides down now. I will with the next one. I've not see the Tamiya one but they normally do a good kit from what I've heard.

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #21

• Moeggo
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 72

Dean wrote:

Moeggo wrote: indeed that 32 Bf110 is nice... I have a Big Ed set somewhere for one... If anyone is interested it can go to a good home for a small amount $$$... well not $$$ more like $$!

What does the Big-Ed set cover and what are you after for it ? I bought the DML 110 mainly so I could build my first plane OOB so I should really steer clear of PE but I'm a sucker for AM upgrades.

How about $60? it covers interior, exterior, seat harnesses and canopy masks....

here are the instruction pdf's from Eduards site...

Harness set

Interior set

Exterior set

Mask set

Last Edit: by Moeggo.

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #22

• charlieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
having built both italeri and cyber- hobby kits i can only say it's the difference between a rolls royce and a morris 1000 the italeri kit was a pig to build 'cab wise the plastic was so thin and flimsy' but the rest was very nice the cyber kit totally different the doors are made of two skins and hold there shape well, i havent built the tamiya kit so can not comment on that, but IMO for the extra £8 difference in price between the two kits my vote goes to cyber-hobby.

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #23

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Either you got a bum kit or I got a good one, I had no issues with the plastic on my Italeri. It would have been nice to of had the option of open or closed bonnet but wasn't too hard with a knife to do the job. I'd definately build another one.

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #24

• charlieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

it was probaly me gary i just remember having hassle with the cab? it turned out ok in the end though.
Attachments:

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #25

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Looks nice anyway mate, I think the next one I do will be North Africa as well (when I finally finish mine).
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlieboy

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #26

• Dean
I've got a Tunisian based DAK one ( italeri truck, zvezda mortar ) in production mounting a 120mm mortar on the back. I should pull finger and get it finished.

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #27

• Dean

Moeggo wrote:

Dean wrote:

What does the Big-Ed set cover and what are you after for it ? I bought the DML 110 mainly so I could build my first plane OOB so I should really steer clear of PE but I'm a sucker for AM upgrades.

How about $60? it covers interior, exterior, seat harnesses and canopy masks....

Harness set

Interior set

Exterior set

Mask set

Gimmee a couple of days to sit down with the kit and take a look at what the big-ed replaces and if it actually needs them replaced

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #28

• charlieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
dean any pics of the work so far?

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #29

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Dean wrote:

Moeggo wrote:

Dean wrote:

Harness set

Interior set

Exterior set

Mask set

Gimmee a couple of days to sit down with the kit and take a look at what the big-ed replaces and if it actually needs them replaced

Don't take too long, I might get that kit just for the Big Ed set :P
TBH I'm still crawling through my last Big Ed set for the 1/48 B-26 :cry:

Re: Don't You Love It When Postie Comes 8 years 6 months ago #30

• Dean

charlieboy wrote: dean any pics of the work so far?

nope but I'll get some up once I'm sorted. For those who didn't know I moved out of Auckland to Te Aroha after Xmas and only just got my hobby stuff unpacked this week. Now I'm waiting for the girls to start back to school so I can get some time to myself during the days.

I sort of got sidetracked into my current build which itself got stalled by a research glitch ( read about it here if you want http://militarymodels.co.nz/2010/11/21/a-cautionary-tale-on-researching ).

You can see that build here :

http://militarymodels.co.nz/2010/09/16/build-log-pz-kpfw-iv-ausf-g-with-diy-zimmerit-%e2%80%93-part-eleven

Which itself sidetracked me from an Sd.Kfz.251 build. The Pz.Kpfw.IV was supposed to be a quicky build.

Last Edit: by Dean.
  • Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary